J.E.T.S. # 1 FAN SITE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW YORK JETS Sports Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Miracle At The Meadowlands

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A Miracle At The Meadowlands Empty A Miracle At The Meadowlands Wed 17 Dec 2008, 12:38 am

SIENNA LOVES THE JETS

SIENNA LOVES THE JETS
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

In the words of Brett Favre after the game, "Wow".

That's all that can be said about this game. It can be dubbed "The Great Escape" or perhaps "Miracle at the Meadowlands III", but the Jets are just happy to get out of this game with a win.

I'll take the win and RUN!

Gang Green started on FIRE, jumping out to a 14-3 lead, after that is was an all too familiar game. The offense had trouble moving the ball, the defense couldn't tackle anyone and the usually reliable special teams were absolutely horrible.

Let's start with the offense, as the unit took the first two drives of the game right down the field and scored. In fact, Brett Favre connected with Coles and Cotchery easily and it looked like the team was on its way to a big afternoon.

I should have known better.

After an interception on a deflected ball, the Bills took over. Marshawn Lynch had a monster game and the Jet defenders had all sorts of problems tackling the guy. It was a bit embarrassing at times; as the fans at the Meadowlands let the team know.

The Bills took a 17-14 lead and were in total control of the game. That is until little Leon took his ONE CARRY FOR THE GAME and ran it 47 yards for a touchdown. Unbelievably, it was the last time Washington would carry the ball. Schottenheimer, ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!

The second half was about the Bills controlling the ball and the Jets offense sputtering. Thankfully, the Bills only managed a field goal in the third quarter. Buffalo did finally take the lead though with 5 minutes left and after another Jets three and out it looked like the team would blow another December game.

Somehow, by the grace of God, the Bills called a pass play with under two minutes left and the team trying to run out the clock. Abram Elam, the KING of the big play, sacked and stripped JP Losman from the ball. Shaun Ellis, who had a monster game himself, picked up the ball and pounded his way into the end zone.

I almost couldn't believe what I was watching. All I could say was "Wow".

The Jets had pulled out a game in December on a miracle play when it looked like another big, depressing loss was staring them in the face. Incredible.

Like I wrote before, I'll take the win and RUN. The Jets are now 9-5, still in first place and head to Seattle for another BIG west coast trip. Two more wins and a division title for the Jets. That is all we can ask for.

A few extra thoughts regarding this game.

Schottenheimer needs to know that this team is much better off being a smash-mouth running team. Is he ever going to wake up and realize that? He also has to call more plays for Leon, although we've been saying that for two years now.

Can the defense tackle? Yes, they made some big plays down the stretch of this game with three interceptions and a fumble return for a touchdown. I'm not overlooking that by any means. You have to admit though, the unit looked pretty horrible for certain stretches of this contest.

As far as special teams the Jets were totally dominated by Buffalo. They owned the field position battle all afternoon and had huge returns, including one for a touchdown that was thankfully called back because of a penalty.

It was just a horrible day for Mike Westhoff and company.

Finally, how many penalties and bad mistakes can James Ihedigbo make before the team benches this guy? Holding penalties cost us a touchdown last week, a HUGE return this week and he was out of his lane on a huge Bills kick return today too. I can't pronounce his name and he can't be counted on, please leave him on the bench!

2A Miracle At The Meadowlands Empty Re: A Miracle At The Meadowlands Wed 17 Dec 2008, 5:47 pm

MACHJETS

MACHJETS
Admin

Our tackling looked the same way when we played Denver and their 3 stringer was bouncing off tackles and gaining a lot of yardage on us.

We continue to lack the killer instinct ....you see a lot of players standing around while others are trying to tackle someone.

I remember back in the days when I played Football...I had no concern for my body....I didnt care if I broke a bone or 2...it just didnt matter to me...the only thing going through my head was to hit as hard as I could and making the tackles....Jets defense lacks that.

https://newyorkjetsfans.forumotion.net/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum