J.E.T.S. # 1 FAN SITE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW YORK JETS Sports Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vernon Getting Underneath Mangini's Skin

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Vernon Getting Underneath Mangini's Skin Empty Vernon Getting Underneath Mangini's Skin Wed 03 Dec 2008, 4:30 pm

BRETTJETS

BRETTJETS
Rookie
Rookie

Eric Mangini has sometimes, to the point of strained credibility, gone to great lengths to laud the progress of Vernon Gholston this season. Not today.

“He had a significant shot yesterday,” said Mangini, asked if Gholston maybe could have gotten some more playing time against the Broncos. “You know, there were plays to be made. You know, his opportunities were based on his ability to make those plays.”

And how did he do with that “significant shot” a reporter asked.

“I think he needs to continue to improve,” Mangini said through what appeared to be semi-clenched teeth.

It was honest.

GreenBlood

GreenBlood
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Well i can't blame him he had a chance to get his first sack and hestitated and they got a 26 yard pass from it. Mangini is getting impatience and so am i.

SIENNA LOVES THE JETS

SIENNA LOVES THE JETS
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

I know people stress patience with ghoulston but he has had chances to make plays and is very much looking like a bust.

MACHJETS

MACHJETS
Admin

I think he is the type of player that will be very inconsistent and therefore frustrating to watch. I can see him having a big game this season on his limited opportunities and showing the talent they got him for but then missing plenty of opportunities in other games.

Right now, I think it will be 50/50 with him....Reminds me a bit of Bryan Thomas. Very talented and when he is good, he is good, but when he is bad, he is bad.

I would say give him time...at the end of the day there where plenty of so called stars, starters and veterans that missed out on a lot of opportunities in the Denver game.

https://newyorkjetsfans.forumotion.net/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]