J.E.T.S. # 1 FAN SITE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW YORK JETS Sports Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leon Washington: "It's going to be awesome to see the whole entire stadium in green"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GANG GREEN

GANG GREEN
Admin

Leon a Big Fan of Going Green vs. Buffalo
Published: Fri, December 12, 2008 - 9:45am EDT
By Eric Allen

12/12 — The Jets will celebrate Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday at the Meadowlands and Leon Washington is more than thankful for the support he receives from the Green & White faithful.

“In my opinion, we have the best fans in the National Football League. They’re loyal and they’re faithful,” Leon told me in the locker room this week. “They get loud at games and they’re really passionate about their team. I think it’s going to be awesome to see the whole entire stadium in green.”

Washington, of course, was referring to the “Green Out.” The Jets are asking all fans attending this critical AFC East contest with the Bills to wear green.

A few weeks ago, Washington’s alma mater, Florida State University, sported black jerseys when it hosted Boston College in an Atlantic Coast Conference battle. The Seminoles, who traditionally don garnet and gold, didn’t have the black jerseys when Washington was back in school.

“It will be fun to have that college-type atmosphere where everybody in the stadium wears the same thing,” he said. “It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but I want everybody to come out and support us because nothing makes a player feel better than the fans.”

When the Jets move to their new home in 2010, they’ll see more green than ever and the stadium seats will turn to a neutral grey. But this weekend, the Jets have asked fans to wear just green in order to create a true Greenhouse.

“We all know the stadium is painted red and blue on the exterior, so we’ll try to block that out and make it a Jets Stadium,” Washington said.

The most prolific kickoff returner in franchise history has a tremendous relationship with New Yorkers. He feeds off their encouragement and acknowledges them in the final seconds before returning. They love the underdog and they view the 5'8", 202-pounder, who leads the NFL in combined yardage with 1,881, as an explosive game-changer who can turn a game upside down.

“Whenever I’m going back there, I’m always getting the end zone section hollering my name,” he said. “And I think the last game, the whole entire stadium was chanting 'Leon.' I feed off the fans. The more energized they are, the more energized I am.”

And then there’s that famous chant. The entire stadium goes silent for a second before Fireman Ed, situated on the shoulders of another patron, and a wonderful chorus of almost 80,000 deliver “J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! Jets!” in joyful unison.

“I don’t think there’s a better chant in the National Football League as far as the whole crowd participating at one time. It’s intimidating for the opponent,” Washington said. “Fireman Ed gets them fired up. He’s kind of like our 12th man. Fireman Ed has to go to the game this weekend and with the Green Out, everyone has to go the game this weekend because we’re going to need it.”

https://newyorkjetsfans.forumotion.net

BRETTJETS

BRETTJETS
Rookie
Rookie

I can't wait to see the stadium all green for our JETS.

GreenBlood

GreenBlood
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

It might say giants stadium but we got more fans and the best fans in the Nfl and it is JETS STADIUM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum